Date of Notification: Saturday 26-June-2021
Dear St Pat’s Parishioners,
Following today’s announcement by the NSW Government, I advise of the following:
- Our parish Church building of St Pat’s will be completely closed during the entire lock down period. The Church will NOT BE OPEN for personal prayer or Masses;
- There will be NO WEEKDAY and NO WEEKEND MASSES during the lockdown period. This will commence immediately, with this evening’s 6pm Saturday Vigil Mass cancelled;
- All Parishioners of St Patrick’s are given a General Dispensation from attending Sunday Mass during this lockdown period. I would encourage you to continue to see Sunday’s as a special period and take time out as a family or as individuals to either view Masses online or seek some spiritual nourishment through various resources available through the Sydney Archdiocese website (links are provided below);
- I am awaiting advice on Funeral and Wedding regulations and how these will be managed. I will keep you updated on this. Please call me direct on 9743 1017 if you have specific Funeral or Wedding enquiries;
- Through the exemptions granted under the regulations, during this lockdown period, I as your priest, remain available for home visits for pastoral reasons. Please contact me should you require a home visit during this lockdown period.
Please let me know if you require anything at all. I will remain here in the parish and am available for assistance and support. Do reach out to me if you need anything.
Let us continue to pray for each other during this time and give thanks for our front line workers, for their God given skill, professionalism and diligence.
Peace and Joy,
St. Patrick’s Parish, Mortlake
Phone: 9743 1017